(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
We work with you to produce the best custom machined gear racks for your linear motion applications. We machine racks from a wide variety of materials since material selection influences overall force and thrust capabilities of your end product. Our tight tolerance precision gear racks are custom manufactured to your specifications. We can machine the most complex gear rack designs for a wide variety of linear motion applications. We work to your specifications and all critical contact surfaces are held to your tolerances (up to 0.0001"). Every gear rack we machine is put through our rigorous QA procedures. We can provide our clients with AGMA Level 12 quality gear racks. Both inch and metric unit gear racks are available. Fine pitch gear racks are our specialty.
Gear Rack Specifications
- Primarily racks are used to turn rotational motion into linear motion.
- No. of Teeth
- Up to 200 teeth for tine pitch, and up to 1000 teeth for coarse pitch
- Fine Pitch racks are available up to 9", Coarse Pitch racks are available up to 30"
- Up to 3"
- Diametral Pitch
- Fine Pitch racks are available from 32 DP to 200DP, coarse Pitch racks are available in 3DP and finer
- We specialize in holding very tight tolerances on your rack designs. We can provide up to +/-0.0001" up to 9" length
- Quality Control
- Conforming to general Military Quality control requirements as follows: MIL-I-45208A, MIL-STD-45662A and ISO 9001:2000 compliant.
- We focus on providing gear racks to the power transmission and linear motion industries for high tech, semiconductor, silicon valley, telescope, and industrial applications.
- As needed
- Lead Time
- Average lead time on gear rack or rack mount orders is 4 weeks
- Preferred Drawing Formats
- We prefer to accept CAD files of your designs in DXF format.
- Aerospace Gear Racks
Defense Gear Racks
Government Gear Racks
Industrial Gear Racks
- Instrumentation Gear Racks
Medical Device Gear Racks
Military Gear Racks
Oil & Gas Gear Racks
- Aerospace Gear Racks
303 Stainless Steel
17-4 Stainless Steel
440 Heat Treated Stainless Steel
Chromium Stainless Steel
High Strength Steel (Impact™, MicroTec®, WHS-100™)
High Temperature Steel
- Molybdenum Steel
Special Bearing Steel
- Able to meet AGMA quality level 12 for all gears (Precision 3), ANSI/AGMA 2001. Medical Device Gear Racks, Custom Aerospace Gear Racks, Custom Robotics Gear Racks, Custom Gear Rack Supplier.