(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
American Precision Gear Co., Inc. custom manufactures tight tolerance precision helical gears to your specifications. We can produce the most complex helical gear designs, including both left and right hand helixes and single and double helix gears. We work to your specifications and all critical contact surfaces are held to your tolerances (up to 0.0001"). Every ring gear we manufacture is put through our rigorous QA procedures. We can provide our clients with AGMA Level 12 quality gears. Both inch and metric unit helical gears are available. Fine pitch gears are our specialty.
Helical Gear Specifications
- Helical Gears are used to accommodate applications involving high speeds, large power transmission or where noise reduction is important. In addition helical gears allow for additional design flexibility as the rotating shafts do not have to be parallel.
- No. of Teeth
- Up to 197 teeth
- Helix Angle
- Typically 45 degrees, but any helix angle is available per your designs
- Up to 48"
- We specialize in holding very tight tolerances on your Helical Gear designs. We can provide up to +/-0.0001"
- Quality Control
- Conforming to general Military Quality control requirements as follows: MIL-I-45208A, MIL-STD-45662A, ISO 9001:2000 compliant and ISO 13485 Medical Device Certification is pending.
- We provide helical gears to the aerospace, oil and gas, and industrial machining marketplace.
- As needed.
- Lead Time
- Average lead time on helical orders is 4 weeks
- Preferred Drawing Formats
- We prefer to accept CAD files of your designs in DXF format
- Aerospace Gears
- Instrumentation Gears
Medical Device Gears
Oil & Gas Gears
- Aerospace Gears
303 Stainless Steel
17-4 Stainless Steel
440 Heat Treated Stainless Steel
Chromium Stainless Steel
High Strength Steel (Impact™, MicroTec®, WHS-100™)
High Temperature Steel
- Molybdenum Steel
Special Bearing Steel
- Able to meet AGMA quality level 12 for all gears (Precision 3), ANSI/AGMA 2001, ANSI/AGMA 6011-103 - Specification for High Speed Helical Gear Units. Medical Device Gears, Custom Aerospace Gears, Custom Robotics Gears, Custom Gear Supplier.