(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
American Precision Gear Co., Inc. separates itself from the competition when it comes to custom manufacturing precision miniature gears. Many of our gears are used in biomedical applications, as our Suisse-Mikron gear hobbing machines can offer miniature gears as small as 0.05" in diameter. We have manufactured components for many different medical devices that require tight tolerance precision gears. We can produce the most complex miniature gear designs to your specifications. All critical contact surfaces will be held to your tolerances (up to 0.0001"). Every miniature gear we manufacture is put through our rigorous QA procedures. We can provide our clients with AGMA Level 12 quality gears. Both inch and metric unit miniature gears are available. Fine pitch gears are our specialty.
Miniature Gear Specifications
- We focus on providing custom miniature gears to the biomedical industry. These miniature gears can be used for devices or instruments used in surgery. These small devices and instruments allow medical professionals to perform their jobs
- Miniature gears are used in biomedical devices for pumping, cutting, and various other functions.
- No. of Teeth
- Up to 20 teeth at 0.05" diameter
- Min Diameter
- As small as 0.05"
- Diametral Pitch
- Up to 250+ DP
- Face Width
- As small as 0.01" inches
- We specialize in holding very tight tolerances on your miniature gear designs. We can provide up to +/-0.0001"
- Quality Control
- Conforming to general Military Quality control requirements as follows: MIL-I-45208A, MIL-STD-45662A, ISO 9001:2000 compliant and ISO 13485 Medical Device Certification is pending.
- Our largest customers take in 10,000 pieces per month.
- Lead Time
- Average lead time on miniature gear orders is 8 weeks
- Preferred Drawing Formats
- We prefer to accept CAD files of your designs in DXF format.
- Biomedical and other industries demanding small instrument gears and custom gears.
303 Stainless Steel
17-4 Stainless Steel
440 Heat Treated Stainless Steel
Chromium Stainless Steel
High Strength Steel (Impact™, MicroTec®, WHS-100™)
High Temperature Steel
- Molybdenum Steel
Special Bearing Steel
- Able to meet AGMA quality level 12 for all gears (Precision 3), ANSI/AGMA 2001. Medical Device Gears, Custom Aerospace Gears, Custom Robotics Gears, Custom Gear Supplier.