(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
American Precision Gear Co., Inc. custom manufactures tight tolerance precision splines to your specifications. We can produce the most complex spline designs, including single or multiple threading and left or right hand splines. We work to your specifications and all critical contact surfaces are held to your tolerances (up to 0.0001"). Every spline we manufacture is put through our rigorous QA procedures. We can provide our clients with AGMA Level 12 quality gears. Both inch and metric unit splines are available.
Precision Spline Specifications
- We focus on providing splines and worms for industrial machining applications. These gears work together to reduce speed and transfer power at a 90 degree angle across intersecting shafts at different levels to produce the desired output torque.
- Splines up to 48", Worms up to 30"
- Diametral Pitch
- Up to 20 DP
- Hub Options
- Spline available in hubbed or hubless versions
- Lead Time
- Average lead time on spline and worm orders is 4-8-10 weeks
- Worms up to 30"
- Preferred Drawing Formats
- We prefer to accept CAD files of your designs in DXF format
- Quality Control
- Conforming to general Military Quality control requirements as follows: MIL-I-45208A, MIL-STD-45662A, ISO 9001:2000 compliant and ISO 13485 Medical Device Certification is pending.
- Capable of ratios up to 200:1
- Right hand and left hand threads available for spline and worm in single, double, tripe or quadruple threads
- We specialize in holding very tight tolerances on your spline and worm designs. We can provide up to +/-0.0001"
- Splines are generally used for a variety of speed reduction applications because the high ratios allow for a faster change over a shorter distance.
Oil & Gas
303 Stainless Steel
17-4 Stainless Steel
440 Heat Treated Stainless Steel
Chromium Stainless Steel
High Strength Steel (Impact™, MicroTec®, WHS-100™)
High Temperature Steel
- Molybdenum Steel
Special Bearing Steel
- Able to meet AGMA quality level 12 for all gears (Precision 3), ANSI/AGMA 2001