(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
American Precision Gear Co., Inc. specializes in the custom manufacturing of tight tolerance internal and external spur gears. We work to your specifications and all critical contact surfaces are held to your tolerances (up to 0.0001"). We can provide you with AGMA Level 12 quality gears. Every spur gear we manufacture is put through our rigorous QA procedures. Both inch and metric unit spur gears are available.
Spur Gear Specifications
- Spurs Gears are the most common type of gear designed to transmit motion and power
- No. of Teeth
- Up to 197 teeth
- Pressure Angle
- Up to 25 Degree Pressure Angle (20 degree pressure angle is typical)
- DP - Diametral Pitch
- Up to 250 + DP for fine pitch spur gears
- Outside Diameter
- We specialize in small diameter spur gears, down to 0.05" Up to 48" outside diameter
- Face Width
- Up to 1" face width available inches
- We specialize in holding very tight tolerances on your small Spur Gear designs. We can provide up to =/-0.0001"
- Quality Control
- Conforming to general Military Quality control requirements as follows: MIL-I-45208A, MIL-STD-45662A, ISO 9001:2000 compliant and ISO 13485 Medical Device Certification is pending.
- Providing spur gears to the aerospace, and biomedical and instrumentation industries. We have created gears small enough for use inside the human body to perform pumping functions.
- We focus on high volume runs.
- Lead Time
- Average lead time on spur gear orders is 4-6 weeks
- Preferred Drawing Formats
- We prefer to accept CAD files of your designs in DXF format.
Oil & Gas
- Bore Diameter
- Up to 24" bored diameters available
- Hub Options
- Spur Gears are available in Hubbed or Hubless versions. Set screw and other locking mechanisms are available for Hubbed versions.
303 Stainless Steel
17-4 Stainless Steel
440 Heat Treated Stainless Steel
Chromium Stainless Steel
High Strength Steel (Impact™, MicroTec®, WHS-100™)
High Temperature Steel
- Molybdenum Steel
Special Bearing Steel
- Able to meet AGMA quality level 12 for all gears, ANSI/AGMA 2001, AGMA 911-A94: Aerospace Gearing, AGMA 913-A98 Specifying the Geometry of Spur Gears, AGMA 926-C99: Carburized Aerospace Gearing